Tabs

Saturday, September 4, 2010

CK Convention Haul - Part 1

I haven't been to a convention in a couple of years. A friend of mine, Celia, is a semi-new stamper and has never been to a convention. Can you guess what we did? That's right... we went to the convention!! It was in uptown Charlotte so we took the Blue Line (I think it's called) straight from Pineville right into the heart of Charlotte. It was perfect. There was no fighting traffic, looking for parking, PAYING for parking, etc. Celia had to leave early so I decided to forge on ahead and stay until they closed. I had a great time and couldn't believe how many things I saw that I have never seen before. It really was a fun day for me, unfortunately, I paid for it the next day when I couldn't move! Here are the first few pics of what I got...

This was from Heartfelt Creations. They have worked with Spellbinders to have custom dies created that go with their stamps. They also have stamps that go with some of the regular Spellbinders dies. I was so amazed at the beautiful, stunning, gorgeous, extravagant (can't
think of enough words to describe the beauty) cards they had displayed in their booth. I must have spent at least 2-3 hours at the booth in awe of their creations and trying to figure out what the heck I was going to get. When I got to the booth, they were having a very short lull and the gal who was demonstrating had some time to show me the specifics of their stamps and dies. Boy did this make it HARDER to make a purchase decision! Of course I wanted everything, but
my pocketbook wouldn't allow me. :-) Anyway, I ended up with the kit that's pictured above and
bought the stamps and dies in the picture to the right. I tried to get the least amount of stuff that I could do the most with. Don't we all like to do that? I have never worked with Spellbinders dies that have matching stamps. Heartfelt Creations does have a demo on their website that shows the steps you need to go through to get the images properly aligned. Even though I spent so much time at their booth, I still need to go to the website and refresh my memory on how the whole thing was done! I know it's easy, I just can't remember!! Old age setting in I guess...

This was from my stop at Technique Tuesday. I love their stuff, but several of the newer stamp sets I wanted did not arrive in time for the convention. This is my smallest ever purchase from them. I was so good the night before going because I looked at the list of companies that would be at the convention and then went on their websites to see if there was anything I wanted. So, I went with a list that really wasn't very big at all. Where I got messed up was at the Tattered Angels and Heartfelt Creations booths! Money needs to grow on trees....

Now that I'm posting this pic, I realize that I never thought I would fall in love with these darn stamps from Motivet when I saw them on the website! In fact, I didn't even have any of these stamps on my list. They are a company out of Canada, which I've never heard of. I can't remember the name of the other stamp line they carried along with these cuties, but every single sample card was done up for the darn Miss American Card Pageant!

What happened to making very simple but pretty cards that don't have a ton of embellishments on them? I've been stamping for 10 years and I feel a bit intimidated whenever I go to some of these websites. Between the embellishments and MULTIPLE layers... my goodness! Don't get me wrong, I think those cards are absolutely stunning, but for those of us who are more simple stampers, it is hard to look at your cards quite the same way.

Hey, but I almost forgot to spill some wonderful news regarding Tickled Pink, the company I posted about a couple of posts ago... I won (or we think I won) the Kellita digi stamp and for sure recently I won the Kraftin' Kimmie I'm Batty For You stamp or digi stamp... not sure because Kellie is a busy bee trying to move and isn't able to keep up with everything right now. I will update the blog later with a card I will make for Halloween with it. I still have to make a card with the Kellita digi I won. Not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I promise to share in a reasonable period of time. :-) I won the Kraftin' Kimmie because of my comment about Halloween colors so I will post the Halloween cards I made several months ago. They are cute as could be and it's a style card I've never done before. I usually do just a regular "open it up normal" card, so this one was fun. It will be posted tomorrow and I will finish up with the Convention Part 2 post on Tuesday.

OK, this is the last pic for today's posting. I got these stamps at multiple booths and I saved so much money!!! Most of these were $1, the Hero Arts were 1/2 off and the JustRite stamps were on sale too. I fell in love with the JustRite stamps the second I laid my peepers on them. All I have to do is start stamping with them because I already know exactly what I want to do. Hopefully, they will turn out as good as they look in my mind. Don't worry, I will post the cards I make and I won't wait a month in between posts. Besides, I think when you want to join a DT, which is ultimately my goal, you have to post at least 3 times a week... could be a bit more, I'm not sure. So that will force me to do what Ive been wanting to do since I started this adventure!

Happy stamping til the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment