Tabs

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Cards Cards Cards

I hate that I haven't been able to post much this summer. I've been so busy doing stuff outside and unfortunately since it takes me so much longer than the average person, I feel like I'm never going to get done! Hence, my decision... I am going to make posting a priority because I've come to realize that whether I make time to post or not, everything else (house, yard, etc) is not going to get done any quicker!! 

Supplies are Stampin' Up! unless noted 
Stamps: Awash With Flowers & Teeny Tiny Wishes 
C/S: Melon Mambo, Only Orange, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, ? dsp 
Ink: Melon Mambo, Only Orange, Yoyo Yellow, Orchid Opulence, Old Olive 
Tools: scallop edge punch, word window, beautiful wings embosslit, perfect polka dots embossing folder, trimmer, scissors, hole punch 
Misc: Melon Mambo dotted ribbon, rhinestone brad, Hero Arts & other various adhesive rhinestones, glue dots, adhesive, Signo white gel pen, sponge, envelope is not SU!


Here are the cards completely finished as either a Mother's Day or birthday card. The card was actually started in the monthly SU! club I go to. I don't usually finish them completely until I get home and then I never know what I'm going to end up with! Instead of using the melon polka dot ribbon for the "bow" in this card, I used a piece of ribbon from my own stash that matched the melon perfectly. Also, whenever I use embossing folders, embosslits or anything that will give me a design to work with, I will most likely take my white gel pen to it. Recently, I found another white gel pen that works very well and is super inexpensive at Michael's. It's in their individual marker section, by Marvy and called Gel Extreme. The colors available, as far as I can tell, are black, white, red, green, gold, and silver. They have a nice fine point too! I've only been using them for about 2 weeks, but so far so good.


This card was my actual Mother's Day card. I didn't use as many rhinestones on it and the butterflies are the smaller ones that were left over. Still super pretty and my mothers just loved it!

The next card I share is an all occasion style card. I thought it would make a pretty Father's Day card, but then I ended up using something else. The Kraft (or now crumb cake) as well as Sahara Sand cardstock is always so pretty to work with. For some reason those colors give the card an elegant type of look.

Supplies are SU! unless noted 
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Very Vintage wheel 
C/S: Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate, Sahara Sand 
Ink: Creamy Caramel, StazOn black, AMuse black dye 
Copics: ?? 2 colors used on envelope 
Tools: perfect polka dots embossing folder, trimmer, scissors 
Misc: 5/8" black satin ribbon, Micron 05, Signo white gel pen, pop dots, clear rhinestones, sponge
The finished product! I was very pleased with how this card turned out. It's another that was started at club and I changed it once I got home. Decorating the envelopes is something I love to do because it gives the card a "completeness." I'm not super crazy about how the flower on this card turned out, but it will have to do. :-) I just used 2 Copics and tried to give it a brush stroke look, but it wasn't wanting to cooperate with me. Overall, I really like it. This is one of my favorite sets. One last card and I will REALLY try to post again tomorrow or Monday. Hey, I am trying to turn over a new leaf here...



Card stamps: Hero Arts Friend cling foam stamp 
Envie stamps: AMuse leafy vine, tiny daisy, mini flower 
C/S: AMuse blue kitchen dot & red check, Neenah Classic Crest white 
Card ink: AMuse black dye 
Envie ink: SU! Garden Green, Real Red, Ballet Blue, Yoyo Yellow 
Copics: YG01, YG13, YG67, Y13, Y17, YR16, YR18, B0000, B26, B37, B39, R29, R39, 0 
Tools: trimmer, scissors 
Misc: pop dots, glue dots, Martha Stewart winding leaves ribbon, 2mm & 4mm red rhinestones





Hope you enjoyed the samples. My next post will show some of the goodies I picked up at the CK Convention that was in Charlotte about a month ago.

Happy stamping til the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment